* When there is some provision separately specified on each site, such provisions will be prioritized.
1. About the Book Park Service
This Service is a service for the sale and delivery of the contents with which Contents Works Inc. was entrusted by copyright holders and publishers.
2. About the Treatment of Personal Information
Our Company shall responsibly manage the personal information collected from customers in This Service.
3. About the Disclosure, Amendment, and Suspension of Use of Personal Information
With regard to the personal information Our Company holds, if a customer or a representative approved by the customer requests the disclosure, amendment, or suspension of the use of personal information, Our Company will first check whether the requesting person is a valid customer or a representative approved by the customer, and then act efficiently in a reasonable and appropriate manner. Please contact the Customer Support Center described at the end of this document.
However, Our Company will not accept requests if your case is one of the following:
(1) It is impossible to identify the customer or the representative approved by the customer.
(2) The request may be a threat to the rights and profits of the customer or any third party.
(3) The request has a risk of causing significant trouble to the business operation of Our Company.
(4) The request has a risk of violating other laws.
(5) There is some other compelling reason.
4. About the Issuance of the Invoice for the Book Park Service
In This Service, for customers who settle payments via bank or postal transfer with the name of a school, company, or government office in Japan, Our Company will issue invoices online, charging the school, company, or government office. If you wish, please click on the "Issue an online invoice" button displayed on the website after finishing your order, confirm and fill in the necessary items, and then print out the displayed invoice. In addition, the name, company name, and department name of the customer will be written in the remarks column of the invoice.
A sample of the online invoice is available here (Japanese).
5. About the Use of the Book Park Service
(1) Completion of Order
When a user finishes the procedures for an order by following the procedures specified in each site of This Service, such as the selection of products and the registration of necessary information, the user's order with Our Company shall be deemed completed. In addition, the ordered products will be dispatched to customers only when payment for them is confirmed* by Our Company.
* "Payment is confirmed" when the customer properly finishes ordering with a credit card or cash on delivery or when the customer settles all due amounts via bank transfer, postal transfer, or convenience store transaction and Our Company confirms the money is received.
(2) Cancellation, Refunds, and Return of Articles
Due to the nature of This Service, Our Company will not accept cancellations or return requests after the ordered product is made or for a customer's personal reason. However, if there is some defect, paging disorder, or pages missing in our products, please contact the Customer Support Center described at the end of this document; Our Company will replace them.
(3) Specifications of Products
The specifications are restricted to those specified by Our Company and copyright holders or publishers. Thus Our Company will not meet any request beyond such specifications.
(4) Scope of Application of This Service
The scope of application of This Service shall be basically inside Japan only, excluding some websites. (List of Websites Supporting International Shipping)
6. Changes, etc. of the Contents of the Book Park Service
(1) Our Company may add, amend, remove, or change some content of This Service when needed, without prior notice to users.
(2) Our Company may suspend temporarily or stop completely the offer of This Service without prior notice to users, because of maintenance or inspection of the systems for This Service, unforeseen circumstances, or other reasons.
7. Prohibited Items
The following actions are prohibited with regard to the use of This Service.
(1) Conduct that hinders the operation of This Service by Our Company.
(2) Spoofing or other fraudulent acts in using This Service.
(3) Duplicating, reprinting, digitizing, tampering with all or part of the contents obtained through This Service beyond the range specified by the copyright law, transferring, exchanging, or reselling to any third party, etc.
(4) If a user commits one of the above-mentioned infractions, Our Company will warn the user, suspend the use of This Service, claim for damages, or take other measures, at the discretion of Our Company.
8. Range of Indemnity and Compensation for Damage
(1) Although there is the possibility that the data provided through This Service may not be displayed accurately due to some unforeseen problem with communications equipment, software, telephone lines, or other devices of facilities, Our Company will not assume responsibility in this situation.
(2) If Our Company dispatches the ordered product to the registered customer's address and the product does not arrive for some reason not attributed to Our Company, Our Company will not assume responsibility in these situations.
(3) If Our Company should take responsibility toward a user for the compensation of damages for some reason attributed to Our Company or for some legal reason, the amount of the compensation for damages shall not be more than the sum of all the money the said user has paid to Our Company.
10. Governing Law
11. Jurisdictional Court
[Customer Support Center]
Customer Support Division
Contents Works Inc.
2-4 Kandajimbou-cho Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo